PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCC’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, this individual will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the shipping and receiving of Fresenius Medical Care products, and the storing and movement within the distribution centre.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCC culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receive and ship goods in accordance with Fresenius Medical Care Canada standard operating procedures and safety best practices.
- Operate forklift and any other equipment in a safe manner.
- Fill, check and prepare orders to be shipped.
- Store inventory after it has been received into stock.
- Receive and record customer and patient returns.
- Utilize various shipping systems that Fresenius has in house, such as the Purolator system.
- Participate in inventory counts as needed.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoice or packing slip, refusing incorrect and damaged goods.
- Maintain warehouse in proper clean condition befitting a healthcare facility.
- Replace helper on home delivery truck during vacation period.
- Enter receipt of goods in AX system – when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical warehouse duties, driving tow motor, regular lifting up to 50 lbs., walking of standing up to 90% of the time on concrete floor. Some exposure to extreme weather while loading trucks. Some office/computer work.
- High school diploma
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1-2 years experience working in a distribution centre environment.
- Working knowledge of computers including shipping computer systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment on a variety of work functions.
- Must be able to interact with employees within all departments/levels of FMCC, as well as freight companies.
- Knowledge of safety and Health Canada regulations.
- Forklift operation experience on reach truck, certification required
- Ability to speak French (French and English preferred)
- Experience on scanner and bar coding.
Internal Contacts: All internal employees in RH, All distribution employees in Canada, FUSA
External Contacts: Freight companies, 3rd party warehouses, customs brokers, Destruction Company, waste removal & recycling companies
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.