PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Provides superior service and product support to Canadian customers as assigned. Functions as a hemodialysis (HD), peritoneal dialysis (PD), Information systems (e.g. NephroCare) and pharmaceutical resource, as required.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Dialysis Delivery System Evaluation and ongoing customer support:
- Conduct an initial set up for FMCC hemodialysis and/or peritoneal dialysis delivery system clinical evaluations
- Provide ongoing on-site clinical support to staff evaluating the FMCC dialysis delivery system by demonstrating how they should be used to provide safe and effective patient care
- Work closely with respective Territory Manager, respond to questions and concerns about the FMCC dialysis delivery system
- Assist in the training and orientation of new Fresenius employees
- Assist in the creation of new training tools for FMCC customers and staff
- Provide staff education/orientation to new Territory Managers as required
- Assist customers in developing continuous quality improvement (CQI) tools and programs
- Attend local, regional, national and international conferences and seminars to remain up to date with latest products, services and research
- Support the teaching of home hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis patients as directed
- Develop and/or provide feedback for the design of educational tools
- Provide clinical expertise to assist unit staff to measure specific patient outcomes, utilizing the FMCC CQI process
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to physically cover and maintain regular face to face contact with customers over a large geographic area. Extensive travel by automobile, train or airplane is often necessary to cover the assigned territory and includes overnight stays. Contact with customers by phone alone is not adequate. Occasional weekend work necessary to support trade show events, customer training and support, and equipment evaluations. Lifting requirements include setting up portable booths, occasional lifting and transporting medical equipment and supplies for purposes of servicing customers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Current Provincial Registered Nurse Certification of Competence
- CNA Certification in Nephrology Nursing (or to be completed within one year from hire date)
- Current hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis experience is mandatory
- Current experience in patient and/or staff teaching
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all members of the renal team
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and applications
- Ability to travel extensively and work flexible hours
- Fluent in written and spoken French, mandatory, when working the Quebec region
Internal Contacts: Maintain positive professional relationships with internal employees, peers and supervisors.
External Contacts: Maintain positive professional relationships with all customers.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.