PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCC’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Under the direction of the Director of Renal Services or Technical Supervisor, this individual will perform general repair, maintenance, functional checks and sales support of Hemodialysis machines, peritoneal Cyclers, and Portable Reverse Osmosis systems and ancillary products sold by Fresenius Medical Care Canada (FMCC).
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCC culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance on Fresenius Medical Care equipment as per manufacturing specifications.
- Provide and maintain documentation on all service/maintenance performed on Fresenius Medical Care equipment.
- Conduct and document the functional checks/calibrations required on all Fresenius equipment before delivery and installation at customer site.
- Complete appropriate paperwork to return defective modules and spare parts to Fresenius Medical Care.
- Modify and/or retrofit Fresenius Medical Care equipment according to the installation procedures set out by the manufacturer.
- Participate in equipment evaluations and provide technical support/in-services as part of the selling process.
- Provide technical support (phone and on-site) to Regional Sales Managers and/or to customers on all equipment-related matters and in a timely fashion.
- Assume the responsibility of being “ON CALL” when required.
- Adhere to ISO rules and regulations.
- Help in keeping the Technical Department clean and in order.
- Perform other duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is split between work in the field (home patient visits may be required) and office based (work required in the technical repair room). Travel for this position is significant. Moderate lifting will be required.
- Graduate of a 3-year college program in Biomedical Engineering, Electronics or Instrumentation
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant healthcare industry experience
- Bilingualism (French/English) in oral and written communication skills is essential in Quebec, an asset elsewhere
- Must possess strong computer skills with experience using Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are also a requirement
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Internal Contacts: Marketing, Sales, Clinical
External Contacts: Customers, Hospital Technologists
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.